Do you need to register for VAT? Send us your business information online!
The registration process can be stopped at any time. The already entered data will be automatically saved until you decide to transfer the data to the Swiss Federal Tax Administration or you delete it. The button "restart" gives you the opportunity to delete the information and to restart the registration process.
The declaration regarding the net tax rate method ("Saldosteuersatz-Methode") or the flat tax rate method ("Pauschalsteuersatz-Methode") and the application to report on the basis of the collected consideration are part of the online registration – printing and mailing are no longer necessary.
Good preparation makes it easier for you to complete the registration process. Make sure to keep the following documents / information ready:
- Information on the company such as an extract from the commercial register, the UID number and the like.
- If the business is organized as sole proprietorship, simple partnership, association or foundation, make sure to hold the social security number ready. It can be found on your insurance card AHV / IV or your health insurance card.
- The sales forecast for the first financial year or, for companies which are already active, the balance sheets and the income statements for the last six years (if available).
- Businesses domiciled abroad: Please hold the information of your tax representative ready to complete the online registration process and to fill out the power of attorney.
The online registration will take you through five steps.
Online registration is optimized for the following browsers:
- Internet Explorer (from version 9.0)
- Firefox (from version 3.5)
- Safari (from version 4)
- Chrome (from version 4)
If you want to print your registration, you require a PDF reader.
Answers to frequently asked questions about the online registration can be found here. If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us via the contact form.